One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not producing the desired effect.‘social conventions honed over thousands of years were suddenly inefficacious’
fruitless, vain, pointlessView synonyms
- ‘Then I just started wittering in a pretty inefficacious way at the Carribean customer service woman.’
- ‘Functionalism certainly does not imply that the mind is inefficacious.’
- ‘But though it is not absolutely efficacious under all circumstances, it is of great potency always, and rarely inefficacious.’
- ‘The ambitious but inefficacious poor soul has tried his best.’
- ‘Several writers argue that terrorism is generally inefficacious, strategically counterproductive and unsuccessful in attaining socio-political objectives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.