One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not producing the desired effect.‘social conventions honed over thousands of years were suddenly inefficacious’
ineffective, unsuccessful, non-successful, unproductive, fruitless, profitless, unprofitable, abortive, failed, futile, purposeless, worthless, useless, ineffectual, inefficient, inadequate, vain, unavailing, to no effectView synonyms
- ‘The ambitious but inefficacious poor soul has tried his best.’
- ‘Functionalism certainly does not imply that the mind is inefficacious.’
- ‘Then I just started wittering in a pretty inefficacious way at the Carribean customer service woman.’
- ‘Several writers argue that terrorism is generally inefficacious, strategically counterproductive and unsuccessful in attaining socio-political objectives.’
- ‘But though it is not absolutely efficacious under all circumstances, it is of great potency always, and rarely inefficacious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.