One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Experts’, often combining ineffectualness with insufferable vanity, have displaced wisdom from its central role.’
- ‘His words - and his ineffectualness - haunted him on Sunday night as the frenzy grew even fiercer.’
- ‘The fact that he's working with an exceptional cast mitigates his seeming ineffectualness, but I wonder if he's not a better casting director than theatrical director.’
- ‘Passivity and ineffectualness are weaknesses that trouble many Fellini characters, especially the closely autobiographical parts.’
- ‘The work is no grandiose masterpiece of self-aware ineffectualness, but the film rides its lead performance and unusual pacing to the umpteenth degree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.