One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the idea that these pundits' failure to disclose is the real problem is to swat ineffectually at flies.’
- ‘I spend the night with Polish engineers and local salmon-filleters, collecting anecdotes and dancing ineffectually with someone's giddy aunt.’
- ‘I spent the day in a deep funk, ineffectually shuffling around my office in an unproductive, sleep-deprived, hangover-tinged haze.’
- ‘Orangutans, gorillas, and their ape relatives, meanwhile, will ineffectually thrash around in deep water or simply gurgle and sink.’
- ‘Because it was so poorly planned and ineffectually executed, there are those who fantasise about what better leadership might have accomplished.’
- ‘I'm the only candidate who's shown the bold leadership to support and oppose it, in both cases ineffectually.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.