One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Still, it'll give them what they love doing most - moaning on in the background ineffectively.’
- ‘But while the root of the problem is being tackled so ineffectively, can we not balance the argument so that on the way, we all don't get carried away?’
- ‘He said: ‘Decommissioning is a vital tool, but the Government has used it ineffectively.’’
- ‘Untreated, or ineffectively treated, it is a major contributor to the high suicide rate in our country.’
- ‘Both Conservative and Labour Governments of the early 1970s tried to intervene, but ineffectively and much too late.’
- ‘There was a huge queue behind her as she tried ineffectively to manoeuvre off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.