Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for industrial estate
- ‘Because of this, the government will continue efforts to construct and develop science-based industrial parks, he said.’
- ‘He believes that there would be a lot of interest among industrialists in such an industrial park.’
- ‘Older students catch the same bus to school that drops off first-shift workers at the industrial park.’
- ‘The remaining 40 were moved to an industrial park in a suburban area.’
- ‘The majority of sites are well-positioned, near to existing industrial parks.’
- ‘Always providing that the nature of the proposed industry is acceptable in environmental and other terms, this is very good news for the new industrial park.’
- ‘The council has just purchased an industrial land bank linked closely to the existing industrial park in the town.’
- ‘Then subdivision began, and housing tracts and industrial parks started to replace fields and barns.’
- ‘The truth is different, since many industrial parks actually expanded, and Juxi Industrial Park in Huaxi town is a typical example.’
- ‘We've got some new industrial parks opening up shortly; maybe we could put his name on one of those or part of the highway.’
- ‘As in industrial parks, the businesses can share management, space, operating equipment, maintenance and even advertising expenses.’
- ‘But one year after the invasion, many of his neighbors in the industrial park have gone out of business.’
- ‘He said a livestock market was a special case because it would not normally be built on an industrial park or in an area of housing.’
- ‘In addition, he said, around £40m of previously announced money will help with the construction of a new industrial park in the region.’
- ‘Suburban office and industrial parks and shopping centers competed successfully with central business districts, dispersing economic activity over wide areas.’
- ‘Brussels wants the projects to open up new sites for businesses such as industrial parks and to produce innovative and competitive enterprises.’
- ‘The tribe's principal industries are agriculture, industrial parks, and recreational parks.’
- ‘The industrial park essentially was rigged to explode.’
- ‘One afternoon, I arrive at his furniture workshop, in an industrial park in Kommetjie, a half-hour drive from the city.’
- ‘This web of generating technologies will serve an industrial park and a few nearby residences, and even feed surplus power back to the main power grid.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.