One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small diamond, not of gem quality, used in abrasives and in cutting and drilling tools.
- ‘Katanga produced copper, 60% of the world's uranium and 80% of the world's industrial diamonds.’
- ‘What they can do is lower the price of industrial diamonds (small, poor quality diamonds).’
- ‘Basic customs duty on platinum and non industrial diamonds was reduced from 40% to 25%.’
- ‘The company admitted conspiring to fix prices in the $500 million industrial diamond market in 1991 and 1992.’
- ‘Explosives carefully applied to carbon produce industrial diamonds for as cutting, grinding and polishing tools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.