One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The involvement of employees in the running of an industry, factory, company, etc.
- ‘U.S. federal and state corporate income taxes amount to only 1.5 percent of our GDP, less than in every other industrial democracy except Iceland.’
- ‘There is also the question of the dual gateway and issues of industrial democracy.’
- ‘By the late 1990s, however, the United States had fallen to about average among the advanced industrial democracies.’
- ‘It was the first Australian state to move on OHS laws, and it was also the state to introduce more industrial democracy.’
- ‘As for policies to that end his Five Big Years reinforced his earlier advocacy of capitalism and political democracy, but reformed his policies for industrial democracy.’
- ‘His reading of Industrial Democracy probably reinforced his belief in industrial democracy as an end to be realized.’
- ‘Only if one assumes some form of industrial democracy, which is highly dubious assumption, can this focus also culminate in a ‘win’ for the individual and their life.’
- ‘‘The easy answer is that the religious right is far, far more powerful here than in any other industrial democracy,’ Lancaster says.’
- ‘But we need to act and we need to persuade the electorate that these changes are absolutely necessary to make Australia a dynamic and effective industrial democracy.’
- ‘All of them were leading industrial democracies and political powers of ‘the west’ in its cold war form, with far eastern Japan as an honorary member of the west.’
- ‘In the 70s he was very angry with the Labour Party's failure to adequately negotiate a role for industrial democracy within the emerging economy.’
- ‘The unions bring industrial democracy and peace.’
- ‘Wealthy suburban schools are as good as ever - after all, the nation does spend a higher percentage of GNP on education than any other advanced industrial democracy.’
- ‘Calling for industrial democracy cannot remedy these wrongs.’
- ‘Strike action alone could not solve the issues of industrial democracy, social equality, and the dangers posed by fascism and imperialist militarism.’
- ‘We are not leaving out internal democracy as we build industrial democracy.’
- ‘For its part, the literature on the Internet and the political process largely focuses on the United States and other advanced industrial democracies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.