One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The involvement of employees in the running of an industry, factory, company, etc.
- ‘But we need to act and we need to persuade the electorate that these changes are absolutely necessary to make Australia a dynamic and effective industrial democracy.’
- ‘U.S. federal and state corporate income taxes amount to only 1.5 percent of our GDP, less than in every other industrial democracy except Iceland.’
- ‘For its part, the literature on the Internet and the political process largely focuses on the United States and other advanced industrial democracies.’
- ‘Calling for industrial democracy cannot remedy these wrongs.’
- ‘Wealthy suburban schools are as good as ever - after all, the nation does spend a higher percentage of GNP on education than any other advanced industrial democracy.’
- ‘Only if one assumes some form of industrial democracy, which is highly dubious assumption, can this focus also culminate in a ‘win’ for the individual and their life.’
- ‘As for policies to that end his Five Big Years reinforced his earlier advocacy of capitalism and political democracy, but reformed his policies for industrial democracy.’
- ‘In the 70s he was very angry with the Labour Party's failure to adequately negotiate a role for industrial democracy within the emerging economy.’
- ‘‘The easy answer is that the religious right is far, far more powerful here than in any other industrial democracy,’ Lancaster says.’
- ‘Strike action alone could not solve the issues of industrial democracy, social equality, and the dangers posed by fascism and imperialist militarism.’
- ‘We are not leaving out internal democracy as we build industrial democracy.’
- ‘The unions bring industrial democracy and peace.’
- ‘By the late 1990s, however, the United States had fallen to about average among the advanced industrial democracies.’
- ‘All of them were leading industrial democracies and political powers of ‘the west’ in its cold war form, with far eastern Japan as an honorary member of the west.’
- ‘It was the first Australian state to move on OHS laws, and it was also the state to introduce more industrial democracy.’
- ‘His reading of Industrial Democracy probably reinforced his belief in industrial democracy as an end to be realized.’
- ‘There is also the question of the dual gateway and issues of industrial democracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.