One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sound system in which a loop of wire around an area in a building, such as a cinema or theatre, produces an electromagnetic signal received directly by hearing aids used by people who are partially deaf.
- ‘There will also be complete access for the disabled and wheelchair bound players as well as an induction loop to help the hard of hearing.’
- ‘An induction loop has been installed for hard of hearing crew members and wide flat wide decks and powered lifts mean that there is access throughout for wheelchair users.’
- ‘A Highways Agency spokesman said induction loops - special sensors fitted in the road's surface - will count the number of vehicles using the road.’
- ‘Each screen also has an induction loop system that enables customers with hearing aids to enjoy films.’
- ‘The hall has a brand new kitchen, a stage, entrance hall, toilets for the disabled and an induction loop for the hard of hearing.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.