One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coil for generating intermittent high voltage from a direct current.
- ‘In 1891 he invented the Tesla Coil, an induction coil which he used to develop electrical pulses of millions of volts.’
- ‘He invented the induction coil, but Ruhmkorff's improvements got the longer-lasting credit.’
- ‘Pacemaker batteries can usually be recharged via an induction coil outside the skin so no further surgery is required.’
- ‘That is quite low, and can easily be supplied via the induction coil.’
- ‘An induction coil is wound around at least one of the poles and located on an end of the pole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.