One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coil for generating intermittent high voltage from a direct current.
- ‘In 1891 he invented the Tesla Coil, an induction coil which he used to develop electrical pulses of millions of volts.’
- ‘An induction coil is wound around at least one of the poles and located on an end of the pole.’
- ‘Pacemaker batteries can usually be recharged via an induction coil outside the skin so no further surgery is required.’
- ‘He invented the induction coil, but Ruhmkorff's improvements got the longer-lasting credit.’
- ‘That is quite low, and can easily be supplied via the induction coil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.