Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coil for generating intermittent high voltage from a direct current.
- ‘In 1891 he invented the Tesla Coil, an induction coil which he used to develop electrical pulses of millions of volts.’
- ‘An induction coil is wound around at least one of the poles and located on an end of the pole.’
- ‘That is quite low, and can easily be supplied via the induction coil.’
- ‘Pacemaker batteries can usually be recharged via an induction coil outside the skin so no further surgery is required.’
- ‘He invented the induction coil, but Ruhmkorff's improvements got the longer-lasting credit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.