One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
That part of the drag on an aerofoil which arises from the development of lift.
- ‘Objects that create lift must also overcome this induced drag, also known as drag-due-to-lift.’
- ‘When the aircraft went into a turn and pulled some Gs, induced drag would be lowered.’
- ‘At high swimming speeds, the energy lost in overcoming induced drag is lower than for form drag.’
- ‘A reduction in air density results in decreased parasite and profile drag and increased induced drag.’
- ‘During your takeoff roll, keep the elevator in the neutral position to decrease induced drag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.