One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A question in reported speech (e.g. they asked who I was).
- ‘I asked some indirect questions to find out his marital status.’
- ‘Still beating around the bush, she asked another indirect question.’
- ‘Instead of asking them direct questions about their own activities, it was deemed better to ask indirect questions about the activities of their peers.’
- ‘‘Well then let me ask you an indirect question,’ Karen offered.’
- ‘Once silence installed itself again, Reilly shot another indirect question at how Josie was feeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.