One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African weaver related to the whydahs, the male having black plumage with blue or purple iridescence.
- ‘None of the indigobirds associated with red-billed firefinch were closely related to individuals associated with brown firefinch, or vice versa.’
- ‘Her daughter, genetically an indigobird, imprinted on her Melba Finch foster parents and then mated with a male paradise whydah mimicking Melba Finch song.’
- ‘The intermediate male breeding plumage - between that of an indigobird and a paradise whydah therefore indicates that the father was a paradise whydah.’
- ‘In contrast to cuckoos, both male and female indigobirds imprint on their hosts.’
- ‘It examined 200 indigobirds from 10 African species, plus their host species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.