One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her Indianness began to be reflected in her clothes, her manner, her language and her attitudes, all of which are very similar to ours.’
- ‘Her Indianness does not relate through traditional, canonical or local folk and tribal art forms or imagery.’
- ‘The trick with this genre is to make Indianness merely an identity and a background to a character, rather than the character itself.’
- ‘When I meet an Indian, I want to feel the Indianness.’
- ‘‘He plays the sitar, he's very much in touch with Indian music and the Indianness,’ says the singer, musician and actor.’
- ‘Is Indianness, then, a state of mind, or a badge of ethnicity?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.