One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Indiana or its inhabitants.‘some Indianan families are eligible to use school vouchers’
- ‘Wilson told of his journeys further north to a place within Indiana but not quite Indianan.’
- ‘I had the Indianan fish fry and it was delightful and flavorful.’
- ‘The former NBA coaching washout used to dribble the ball up and down the train tracks as an Indianan youth.’
- ‘Exterior forts were found around most Indianan cities in the 1830s.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Indiana.‘an Indianan who spent his adolescence writing songs’
- ‘If there are any Indianans in the region who would like to get together, please contact me.’
- ‘He is not aware that any Indianans were feeling their religious rights were being infringed upon, and members of the GOP in the legislature had not raised it as issue.’
- ‘I've not been here long enough, even, to call myself an Indianan.’
- ‘In 1869 the General Land Office replaced Meredith with another Indianan and Civil War veteran, General Henry D. Washburn.’
- ‘We Indianans like to use our time productively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.