One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of light-coloured beer similar to bitter, typically with a higher than average alcohol and hop content.‘India pale ale has become the top-selling craft beer style’count noun ‘this independent brewery recently introduced an India pale ale’
- ‘The company is considering producing a light-coloured harvest beer or India pale ale later this year.’
- ‘Traditional India Pale Ale was brewed with a high hop bitterness and alcohol content to protect it from infection on the long sea journey from England to India.’
- ‘India pale ale is a beer style with historical significance.’
- ‘The double imperial India Pale Ale is dark gold with little head and not as overtly hoppy as expected, but it's quite crisp.’
- ‘A London brewer is credited with inventing India Pale Ale (IPA) near then end of the 18th century.’
Mid 19th century: brewed with a higher alcohol and hop content so as remain drinkable when exported by sea to British colonies.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.