One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Long-term capital gains arising from transfer of equity shares are taxed at 20 per cent if indexation benefit is availed of and at 10 per cent without benefit of indexation.’
- ‘And while the Prime Minister says this is record funding, an increase of 25 per cent, according to the Opposition it's mainly just indexation.’
- ‘This will facilitate full indexation of tax bands, possible tax cuts and increased spending in politically sensitive areas.’
- ‘For assets acquired before that date, either the exemption rule or frozen indexation may be used.’
- ‘The current method of wage indexation was created in 1977, under (you guessed it) the Carter Administration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.