One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Contracts to buy a range of shares at an agreed price but delivered and paid for later.
- ‘An investor buying index futures is investing less than his counterpart who invests in the cash market.’
- ‘They're already offered at nine exchanges around the world, yet together they account for only 1% of the total trading volume of the index futures market.’
- ‘Are index futures such as the S & P 500 or Nasdaq 100 exchange-traded funds up or down in pre-market?’
- ‘The other important aspect of index futures is that the contracts are settled on a cash basis.’
- ‘In Osaka, the near-term December Nikkei 225 index futures contract dropped 150 points to 10,450.’
- ‘Market players had been braced for heightened volatility due to the expiration of stock options, index options, index futures and single-stock futures.’
- ‘The index futures for October delivery rose 0.6 percent to 5,889.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.