One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She might deny, that every event is caused, thereby claiming that the universe is causally indeterministic.’
- ‘The choice between an indeterministic interpretation of quantum theory and a deterministic interpretation cannot be made on these grounds.’
- ‘Many philosophers find the idea of indeterministic causation counterintuitive.’
- ‘It's not as if they have indeterministic physics in their brains whereas the rest of us have deterministic physics.’
- ‘But if they are indeterministic, might not interference produce a result that has a probability greater than zero, and so be consistent with the laws?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.