One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If actions originate from noncausal events as indeterminists claim, then they are chaotic and untamed.’
- ‘This is an argument that indeterminists like to use against determinists, since a world without regret is a sad world.’
- ‘Compatibilists could in principle be indeterminists but in fact are nearly always determinists.’
- ‘Like William James, Popper was an indeterminist who saw history as a series of unforeseeable events.’
- ‘Hence, it would seem that the indeterminist wants us to ground responsibility in the ability to act irrationally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.