One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is an argument that indeterminists like to use against determinists, since a world without regret is a sad world.’
- ‘Like William James, Popper was an indeterminist who saw history as a series of unforeseeable events.’
- ‘Hence, it would seem that the indeterminist wants us to ground responsibility in the ability to act irrationally.’
- ‘Compatibilists could in principle be indeterminists but in fact are nearly always determinists.’
- ‘If actions originate from noncausal events as indeterminists claim, then they are chaotic and untamed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.