One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small hard object used for producing an indentation in a solid in an indentation test.
- ‘The mean pressure between the surface of the indenter and the indentation is equal to the load divided by the projected area of the indentation.’
- ‘This number refers to the weight required for a diamond indenter to produce an indentation in the coating.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there are no well-defined spherical indenters available for indentation tests at the subcellular level.’
- ‘The indenter is joined to a bending beam that measures the force applied by a pair of transducers.’
- ‘Such large-scale clinical indenters average the mechanical properties of the biological tissue over a large volume, i.e., over several square millimetres of material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.