One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that cannot be removed or forgotten.‘the community was indelibly marked by the incident’‘the two names are indelibly linked’
- ‘His youthful appearance camouflages the effects of the foreboding circumstances that have shaped and indelibly marked him for life.’
- ‘European culture and values indelibly shaped the urban and rural landscapes.’
- ‘His harsh campaign is still indelibly imprinted in Irish memory.’
- ‘The blood of past executions had somehow indelibly tainted its ground.’
- ‘Their lives have been indelibly marked by the country's political and ethnic tensions.’
- ‘Both he and the instrument are indelibly associated with country music.’
- ‘The night was to become indelibly etched upon my mind.’
- ‘These surreal images are now seared indelibly into our memories.’
- ‘The incident in question is burned indelibly in our memories.’
- ‘His reputation is indelibly linked with these violent scenes.’
- ‘Valuables should be indelibly marked with your name and post-code.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.