One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Anxiety is endowed with a certain character of indefiniteness and objectlessness; correct usage even changes its name when it has found an object, and in that case speaks instead of fear.’
- ‘What we see, then, is a subtle mix of the fixedness that a posed portrait inevitably generates and a blurred indefiniteness, partly from camera shake and partly from the haze created by bright sunlight or late afternoon shadow.’
- ‘Breadth of a claim is not to be equated with indefiniteness.’
- ‘Nor does infinity in the sense of unboundedness coincide with indefiniteness, since indefiniteness is compatible with the existence of a maximum and unboundedness is not.’
- ‘Such matters are embedded in a gray sector of controversy and indefiniteness and are likely to remain so for the next decade, at the very least.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.