One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integral expressed without limits, and so containing an arbitrary constant.
- ‘Evaluate the indefinite integral with the independent variable set to each of the limits.’
- ‘The composition rule which for derivatives is called the chain rule will be called substitution when we are computing indefinite integrals of the composition of two functions.’
- ‘You can add an arbitrary constant to the indefinite integral, and still get the same derivative.’
- ‘The indefinite integral is defined as the set of all the antiderivatives of the function f.’
- ‘The uncertainty in the value of the indefinite integral is expressed in the form of a constant of integration which is not defined by the integration process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.