One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yes, indeedy! That was a good question’another term for indeed (sense 1)
- ‘Yes indeedy, this was a very pleasant trip down memory lane for Mr O'Reilly, who recalled for the tribunal private boxes on derby days, holidays in summer houses and buffet dinners for 75.’
- ‘‘Yes indeedy, pretty lady,’ the man in front leered.’
- ‘Yes indeedy, I do think there's an argument to be made for Living With, rather than Unloading, a regrettable act; that's my oft-repeated appraisal of the false-gold standard of full disclosure.’
- ‘Yes indeedy, hijacking Italy's cell phone network for partisan purposes was clearly necessary in order to prevent riots at polling places.’
- ‘Yep indeedy, being a geography geek I have always wanted to go, and now I am.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.