One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Belief in or advocacy of change by degrees; gradualism.
- ‘But incrementalism in wartime when our national survival may be at stake is unacceptable.’
- ‘So to the citizens of Vancouver; good luck in your endeavour and kudos for daring to think big in an age of incrementalism.’
- ‘The signature aspect of the current president is his belief that incrementalism is bunk.’
- ‘The steady incrementalism of this advance may be less spectacular, but it feels more solid.’
- ‘There is no acceptance of the need for incrementalism that all of politics is based upon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.