One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner indicating disbelief.‘"What ?" I asked incredulously’‘everyone stared incredulously at the boy’
- ‘I watched incredulously as two guys shouldered her out of the way.’
- ‘"You called Ashley?!" I repeated incredulously.’
- ‘Incredulously, both share a haunting tragedy - their sisters both committed suicide.’
- ‘"You can't be serious," Chloe said incredulously.’
- ‘"Why?" he asks, shaking his head and smiling incredulously.’
- ‘Incredulously I asked him, "What do you mean by that?"’
- ‘She laughs incredulously at the thought before exclaiming, "That's a crazy idea!"’
- ‘Ben listened to him incredulously.’
- ‘When the frenzy is behind us, we will look back incredulously at the wreckage of failed ventures and wonder, Who funded these companies?’
- ‘I raised my eyebrows at him, incredulously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.