One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For ideologically motivated proponents of employee participation, this is a useful debating tactic because our culture's fixation with individual rights imbues any rights-based claim with an air of legitimacy and incontrovertibility.’
- ‘In a world where feminism, or postfeminism, is so often reassessed and derided, tennis is a rare oasis of incontrovertibility.’
- ‘Instead, there is only apathy, quiet resignation - the man accepts the incontrovertibility of the surreal situation.’
- ‘The supposed neutrality and incontrovertibility of scientific doctrine gave both regimes a good part of their intellectual legitimacy.’
- ‘The usefulness of an evaluation lies not in its incontrovertibility but rather in its clarity of assumptions and in its openness to meaningful review and critique.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.