One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He's less keen on persuading you with his big ideas than simply putting them out there - and having done that he seems to slip out the door quite inconspicuously.’
- ‘Neither can they move in Zimbabwe inconspicuously.’
- ‘At the base of one of Central Australia's most popular natural wonders, Kings Canyon, a stone monument stands inconspicuously.’
- ‘They need to be jotted down inconspicuously, preferably out of sight, since detailed note-taking in front of people may make them self-conscious.’
- ‘A secret streamlet trickles on beneath the heavy cover of inertia and pseudo-events, slowly and inconspicuously undercutting it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.