One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not in agreement or harmony; not compatible.
in disagreement, at variance, at odds, disagreeing, differing, divergent, discrepant, contradictory, contrary, in conflict, conflicting, opposite, opposed, opposing, clashingView synonyms
- ‘And how are we to interpret teachings that seem inconsonant with current sensibilities?’
- ‘Productions whose content is considered to be inconsonant with the ideals and missions of Boston College will be disallowed.’
- ‘Critics suggest that no two scenarios are bound by the same decision criteria; situationalism poses inconsonant decision constraints.’
- ‘I think it's fair to say that rules by their nature are inconsonant with expressivity, as that notion is conventionally understood.’
- ‘The individual then uses these schemas to incorporate more information; and when observations are significantly inconsonant with existing views, the schemas are modified accordingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.