Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not in agreement or harmony; not compatible.
in disagreement, at variance, at odds, disagreeing, differing, divergent, discrepant, contradictory, contrary, in conflict, conflicting, opposite, opposed, opposing, clashingView synonyms
- ‘Critics suggest that no two scenarios are bound by the same decision criteria; situationalism poses inconsonant decision constraints.’
- ‘I think it's fair to say that rules by their nature are inconsonant with expressivity, as that notion is conventionally understood.’
- ‘And how are we to interpret teachings that seem inconsonant with current sensibilities?’
- ‘Productions whose content is considered to be inconsonant with the ideals and missions of Boston College will be disallowed.’
- ‘The individual then uses these schemas to incorporate more information; and when observations are significantly inconsonant with existing views, the schemas are modified accordingly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.