One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People said it was a waste of money, that it was too extravagant for its own good, and that the construction project was incompetently managed.’
- ‘The money would be better spent on treating women rather than regulating a single aspect of medicine so incompetently.’
- ‘His immediate superior divided his time between hitting on female staff and incompetently and arbitrarily changing working arrangements.’
- ‘Somehow we would plod through the day, dodging verbal missiles and accomplishing our missions albeit incompetently, until the doorbell rang for the first time.’
- ‘A movie may be incompetently acted and amateurishly shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.