Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Tax levied directly on personal income.
- ‘I pay income tax and council tax, portions of which are spent on road maintenance.’
- ‘If you end up paying some income tax on your lump sum, you may be able to claim tax relief at the end of the tax year.’
- ‘Reducing marginal rates of income tax, shifting from direct to indirect taxes.’
- ‘The money obtained is regarded as a capital receipt and is not liable to income tax.’
- ‘Most of our revenue is raised through income tax and income tax revenue declines with age.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.