One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tax levied directly on personal income.
- ‘The money obtained is regarded as a capital receipt and is not liable to income tax.’
- ‘I pay income tax and council tax, portions of which are spent on road maintenance.’
- ‘Reducing marginal rates of income tax, shifting from direct to indirect taxes.’
- ‘If you end up paying some income tax on your lump sum, you may be able to claim tax relief at the end of the tax year.’
- ‘Most of our revenue is raised through income tax and income tax revenue declines with age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.