One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK and Canada) payment made by the state in particular circumstances to people who are on a low income.‘she is currently receiving income support’‘the benefits were extended to all those on income support’
- ‘Emma has been on income support since she and her husband split up.’
- ‘Only those who receive income support are eligible for a $135 monthly supplement.’
- ‘The minimum wage and income support are profoundly welcome to the poor.’
- ‘Recipients of income support or income-based jobseeker's allowance will automatically receive the full amount of child tax credit.’
- ‘Government programs that provided poor people with greater income support would benefit most Americans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.