One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of trying to incorporate diverse or unreconciled elements into a single system.
- ‘Effectively, Rome has cast herself adrift from historic orthodoxy by setting her traditional teachings in the wider context of religious inclusivism and the universality of the experience of the Divine.’
- ‘He doesn't find much help in most current theological ‘models’: exclusivism (only my religion is true), inclusivism (your religion may be true, but mine is truer) and pluralism (we're all equally true).’
- ‘It means little more than inclusivism, a lowering of the doorstep that the Pharisees had set too high.’
- ‘He sees the simul as a kind of bridge between Lutheran exclusivism and inclusivism, opening up a ‘theology of engagement’.’
- ‘All they want to hear is that the arts are efficiently run, good for the economy and subservient to current dogmas of inclusivism and education.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.