One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of words, actions, etc.) offering incitement.
- ‘There are many inciteful clauses that threaten the dignity of our people.’
- ‘Our top religious authority and body in Saudi Arabia issued a ruling, a religious ruling saying that it is un-Islamic to call people ‘infidels,’ because that's inciteful, and incitefulness leads to violence and the killing of innocents.’
- ‘Compton expressed ‘shock’ at the ‘savagery of the piece’ and that the Voice had allowed the printing of such ‘inflammatory and inciteful statements’ without a ‘single shred of factual support.’’
- ‘You may feel you have sincere motives, but your hate-columns are every bit as inciteful as those hate campaigns we see from the Radical Right.’
- ‘His lengthy, but inciteful piece in Salon this week explains in depth why he believes any possible war is not about oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.