Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A deep indentation or notch in an edge or surface.
- ‘The anterior belly arose from the digastric fossa and inserted on the side of the tendinous hyoid body and the posterior belly arose from the mastoid incisura and inserted on the styloid process.’
- ‘A standard endaural incision is made passing through the incisura between the root of the helix and the tragus.’
- ‘The incisure is continuous with the wide, deep channel which extends proximomedially across the ventral surface of the astragalus and supposedly carried the perforating artery.’
- ‘Following endoscopy, a gastric ulcer was diagnosed in the incisura angularis of a 28-year-old carpenter/joiner.’
- ‘As might be expected, there is no sign of an incisure on the distolateral margin of the intermedium for the perforating artery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.