One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without interruption; constantly.‘she talked about him incessantly’
constantly, continually, all the time, non-stop, without stopping, without a break, interminably, unremittingly, round the clock, ceaselessly, endlessly, without cessation, unceasingly, perpetuallyView synonyms
- ‘She grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me incessantly as she continued to shout.’
- ‘Why do so many dog owners allow their dogs to bark incessantly for long periods of time?’
- ‘It's true that repeating a word incessantly actually lessens its impact and, in general, makes you feel better about it.’
- ‘Geoff began to smoke incessantly and continued to light up almost until the end.’
- ‘She thanked me for my kindness and waved incessantly as we continued on our way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.