Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Without interruption; constantly.‘she talked about him incessantly’
constantly, continually, all the time, non-stop, without stopping, without a break, interminably, unremittingly, round the clock, ceaselessly, endlessly, without cessation, unceasingly, perpetually24, 7View synonyms
- ‘She grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me incessantly as she continued to shout.’
- ‘It's true that repeating a word incessantly actually lessens its impact and, in general, makes you feel better about it.’
- ‘Why do so many dog owners allow their dogs to bark incessantly for long periods of time?’
- ‘She thanked me for my kindness and waved incessantly as we continued on our way.’
- ‘Geoff began to smoke incessantly and continued to light up almost until the end.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.