One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Narrow and confined.‘an incapacious public house’‘two views of life were lodged in the corporal's incapacious head’
cramped, constricted, restricted, limited, confining, small, narrow, compact, tight, pinched, squeezed, poky, uncomfortable, inadequate, meagreView synonyms
- ‘These are fundamental defects, and are usually associated with a relatively feeble digestion, weak heart and incapacious lungs.’
- ‘In Japan, houses are very incapacious.’
- ‘It is important for you not to put too many accents or ornaments in the room because it can make the small living room become much more incapacious.’
- ‘Incapacious retail outlets or eating places often beautify their rooms with mirrors on every and every wall.’
- ‘We often need to begin by disabusing our education grad students of such incapacious ways of thinking about curriculum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.