One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wells has received insufficient credit as a writer of rhythmic, incantatory prose, long-breath paragraphs to cut against his tight journalistic reportage.’
- ‘For instance, in Ginsberg's Journals for the mid-fifties, his concern to develop long syllabic lines, using the prosaic and the discursive approaches, clearly leads to the incantatory effects of his most celebrated poetry.’
- ‘The section's title poem, an incantatory piece, again acknowledges the weight of exchange, although the poem feels buoyant and light; it is a kind of waking song for the narrator's yet-unborn baby.’
- ‘With the exception of nine lineated and titled poems spread throughout the text, Spar is a collection of untitled prose poems, giving it the feel of a book-length work as the incantatory intensity of each poem bleeds into the next.’
- ‘Their speeches are wordy and repetitive, variations on some theme, or simple reiterations for incantatory effect, always mesmerizing even when you merely read the lines to yourself in the script.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.