One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The glow touched the roses in the front yard, its silvery incandescence casting light into the shadowed bushes.’
- ‘And when he sometimes thinks he has found the right idea, he perceives that a drop of indescribable incandescence has fallen into the world, with a glow that makes the whole earth look different.’
- ‘But there is a joyous incandescence in the harmonies too, a playful energy and a richness of colouration.’
- ‘Sconces on the wall brightened, then erupted into searing incandescence that glittered on gold and shining jewels.’
- ‘There was an incandescence to the display that brought them a 2-0 victory at home to Lyon three weeks ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.