One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The trek will see them walking from the Peruvian city of Cusco, through breathtaking landscapes of cloud forests, river valleys, and mountain passes, to the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu.’
- ‘Originally spoken during the Incan empire, Quechua is still spoken by about 13 million people in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Argentina, and Chile.’
- ‘However, a significant proportion of Ecuador's Andean population speaks the ancient Incan language of Quechua and a variety of related dialects.’
- ‘Other ancient and sophisticated calendars are the Athenian, the Egyptian, the Incan, the Aztec and the Mayan.’
- ‘Blinded by greed and terrified by the cultural difference they experienced, the Spanish systematically wiped out both the Incan and Aztec cultures, two of the most advanced civilizations that the pre-modern world had ever seen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.