Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting or relating to a throw which puts the ball into play from out of bounds.‘an inbounds pass’
- ‘Iverson caught the inbounds pass and hit a fadeway from the left side, tying the score at 96.’
- ‘On the inbounds play, Lamond Murray gets the ball in the corner, quickly squares up, and nails a three before the buzzer goes off.’
- ‘On inbounds plays, fans were known to spill their drinks into players' canvas shoes.’
- ‘It was the third time in 10 games that an inbounds play in the final seconds broke down.’
- ‘Anthony Mason stumbled while throwing the inbounds pass, and Miller intercepted it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.