One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The brass and strings are muted, and the music hovers on the edge of inaudibility; there are no dynamic outbursts at all.’
- ‘The Spanish health minister was heckled into inaudibility at the conference's opening ceremony, but that protest took place in a cavernous sports arena and lasted only 10 minutes.’
- ‘‘Free me… ‘the words were whispered, quiet almost to the point of inaudibility.’’
- ‘The sound didn't fade into inaudibility as it had done the first time.’
- ‘Too many poets, reading aloud, ignore their own linebreaks or chew consonants like gristle or drop into inaudibility at the ends of lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.