One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The opening episode, inaptly called ‘Rocking the Foundations’, did not begin: it simply dropped viewers into the middle of a situation that had no evident origins.’
- ‘Perhaps the word truth is inaptly applied here.’
- ‘The inaptly named dump took in 2 billion tonnes of refuse over its lifetime, growing to three times the size of Central Park.’
- ‘Whisper it gently, but at last there are signs that common sense may prevail in the inaptly named ‘war on drugs’.’
- ‘The East London News reported, ‘The week might not inaptly be called the week of strikes - coal men, match girls, parcels postmen, car men, rag, bone and paper porters and pickers.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.