One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Algeria's domestic wine market promptly collapsed and the inappropriateness of an Islamic country's heavy economic reliance on wine production became an immediate problem.’
- ‘‘I am truly sorry,’ Faith repeated, this time with more confidence as she realised the inappropriateness of her reaction, but the man waved away her apology.’
- ‘Our objections have been based upon the inappropriateness of the design, scale, materials and siting of their ill conceived new building, so close to a conservation area.’
- ‘The Baroness (as she was known after her marriage to a shifty nobleman) and her friends worshipped novelty, inappropriateness, audacity, not piously but with ferocious abandon.’
- ‘Similarly, although it would not be a crime, for example, to smoke pot on the steps of Parliament or in a playground, police could increase the fine depending on the perceived inappropriateness of the act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.