One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Baroness (as she was known after her marriage to a shifty nobleman) and her friends worshipped novelty, inappropriateness, audacity, not piously but with ferocious abandon.’
- ‘Similarly, although it would not be a crime, for example, to smoke pot on the steps of Parliament or in a playground, police could increase the fine depending on the perceived inappropriateness of the act.’
- ‘Our objections have been based upon the inappropriateness of the design, scale, materials and siting of their ill conceived new building, so close to a conservation area.’
- ‘‘I am truly sorry,’ Faith repeated, this time with more confidence as she realised the inappropriateness of her reaction, but the man waved away her apology.’
- ‘Algeria's domestic wine market promptly collapsed and the inappropriateness of an Islamic country's heavy economic reliance on wine production became an immediate problem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.