One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unable to be changed.
- ‘Surely an anniversary is not a matter of discretion, but determined by the stipulated period of time elapsing in its usual and inalterable course?’
- ‘He explained: ‘We are facing a radical ideology with inalterable objectives: to enslave whole nations and intimidate the world.’’
- ‘Letters, numerals, dots, squiggles and lines have inalterable meaning in the eye of the reader; each new combination and arrangement of these parts carries new visual and linguistic meaning.’
- ‘As a woman, I believe that the right to control my body is an inalterable right.’
- ‘Are things truly inalterable, rendering the erasure pointless?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.