One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without intention; accidentally.‘his name had been inadvertently omitted from the list’
accidentally, by accident, unintentionally, unwittinglyView synonyms
- ‘To avoid being billed twice inadvertently, don't press any button more than once.’
- ‘A monarchy which strives to avoid political controversy now finds itself inadvertently at the heart of it.’
- ‘Many if not most of the arsonists appeared to have started big fires inadvertently with small fires.’
- ‘Sadly, we tried to usher the creature out the window, but ended up hitting it inadvertently.’
- ‘In trying to get something he had inadvertently given something away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.