One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I think that it is of paramount importance that at this point I state that at no point did the ALS ever seek, actively, or inactively, the votes or preferences of liberals.’
- ‘By testing salmon during winter, when juveniles shelter inactively in streambed refuges, we tested whether individuals associate with or avoid their siblings at a time when the opportunity for kin-directed behaviors is restricted.’
- ‘Observations were spaced at least 10 min apart and consisted of a count of the number of tadpoles active (swimming or feeding) and resting inactively.’
- ‘But the levies also affect those who, either actively or inactively, create or exacerbate the problem of an incursion.’
- ‘Now, over 30 years later, some of the people I remember as uneasily inactive (or were they inactively uneasy?) will tell you how they opposed the war.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.