One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘According to this scheme, a locally acting activator and a globally acting inactivator (PTEN or a similar phosphatase) are coordinately controlled by the G-protein activation.’
- ‘Unlike other aromatase inhibitors, exemestane is a steroidal aromatase inactivator, which means it selectively targets and irreversibly binds to the aromatase enzyme, which is required to produce estrogen.’
- ‘Aromatase inhibitors and inactivators are drugs that suppress oestrogen production in postmenopausal women through inhibition of the final step in their synthesis, conversion of androgens to oestrogens.’
- ‘If, however, an upstream process regulates the inactivator, this regulation needs to be proportional to the activation of the corresponding activator.’
- ‘The growth of leucine auxotrophs is sensitive to high pH in the presence of ammonia, whereas deletion of the E3 ubiquitin ligase pub1 +, the S. pombe homolog of the nitrogen permease inactivator NPI1 / RSP5, abolishes pH sensitivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.