One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an incorrect or inexact manner.‘the bank has been fined for inaccurately reporting stock market trades’
- ‘Data from the 1989 Voyager 2 flyby showed that the mass of Neptune had been inaccurately measured.’
- ‘In April, the SEC recommended action against the company for inaccurately reporting revenue.’
- ‘Computers were good, but an inaccurately phrased request could produce some very interesting results.’
- ‘Discount rates or calculations of net present value are often applied inappropriately or calculated inaccurately.’
- ‘As stated, that statistic is, in fact, wrong; the problem is that the organization is inaccurately quoting the statistic.’
- ‘His argument that the media invariably and inaccurately portrays single women as pathetic is a little hackneyed.’
- ‘Her writings reflect her commitment to the underclass whose lives are often portrayed inaccurately in American literature.’
- ‘Many terms and words in the glossary are described inaccurately at their best and downright erroneously at their worst.’
- ‘Many of these forms were completed inaccurately, which led to unacceptable delays in payment being made.’
- ‘Unfairly and inaccurately called a traitor and a Bolshevik, she never reneged on her commitments to civil liberties or to pacifism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.