One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an incorrect or inexact manner.‘the bank has been fined for inaccurately reporting stock market trades’
- ‘Discount rates or calculations of net present value are often applied inappropriately or calculated inaccurately.’
- ‘Computers were good, but an inaccurately phrased request could produce some very interesting results.’
- ‘Many terms and words in the glossary are described inaccurately at their best and downright erroneously at their worst.’
- ‘His argument that the media invariably and inaccurately portrays single women as pathetic is a little hackneyed.’
- ‘As stated, that statistic is, in fact, wrong; the problem is that the organization is inaccurately quoting the statistic.’
- ‘Many of these forms were completed inaccurately, which led to unacceptable delays in payment being made.’
- ‘Data from the 1989 Voyager 2 flyby showed that the mass of Neptune had been inaccurately measured.’
- ‘Unfairly and inaccurately called a traitor and a Bolshevik, she never reneged on her commitments to civil liberties or to pacifism.’
- ‘In April, the SEC recommended action against the company for inaccurately reporting revenue.’
- ‘Her writings reflect her commitment to the underclass whose lives are often portrayed inaccurately in American literature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.