One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used ironically to assert that something desired is never likely to happen.‘in your dreams, man, in your dreams!’
- ‘‘Maybe in your dreams,’ Eli replied with a snort as he walked up beside Brandon.’
- ‘‘Only in your dreams,’ I say with a sickeningly sweet smile.’
- ‘‘Only in your dreams, Meg,’ I muttered, picking up the letter and starting for the lounge.’
- ‘And they all laugh; they say Yeah, in your dreams!’
- ‘Harr, we know that you have this major crush on her, but you and her together, only in your dreams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.