One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used ironically to assert that something desired is never likely to happen.‘in your dreams, man, in your dreams!’
- ‘‘Only in your dreams,’ I say with a sickeningly sweet smile.’
- ‘Harr, we know that you have this major crush on her, but you and her together, only in your dreams.’
- ‘‘Maybe in your dreams,’ Eli replied with a snort as he walked up beside Brandon.’
- ‘And they all laugh; they say Yeah, in your dreams!’
- ‘‘Only in your dreams, Meg,’ I muttered, picking up the letter and starting for the lounge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.